The advent of technology has revolutionized every sector, including the banking and financial sectors. Though technology has allowed users to deposit and withdraw money from automated machines, some traditional ways still exist, and cheques are one of them. Each bank in the world has a cheque scanner that assists it in depositing a cheque.
However, using a cheque scanner may be challenging as you need to clean it periodically. Disassembling the entire machine to clean it may lead to other issues and acquiring additional technical support. So, what’s the solution here?
It is simple! Use a cleaning card for cheque scanner maintenance.
What is a Cheque Scanner Cleaning Card?
Cleaning cards are innovative, disposable products that are used to clean the inside of the cheque scanner machine. The structure of the cleaning card is like that of the transaction media, such as a credit card, cheque, or currency note.
When the cleaning card passes through the cheque scanner, it comes in contact with all the components like the document path, lenses, magnetic heads, transport rollers, etc. Hence, taking off all the dust and debris.
Why Cheque Scanner Needs Cleaning?
Well, no matter if you purchase the cheque scanner from Digital Check or Panini, all of them require timely maintenance. A term maintenance covers cleaning the cheque scanner.
As your cheque scanner might deal with a lot of soiled cheques, it is crucial to maintain a cleaning schedule. A soiled cheque has dirt, dust, debris, and even oil, which can accumulate in the cheque scanner.
Here are some reasons why your cheque scanner needs scanning!
- When the cheque scanner is not clean, the generated image of the cheque will not be clear. This will lead to delays in transaction processing.
- Long-term use of an uncleaned cheque scanner may damage internal parts. Thus, it costs you more to fix the issue.
- If the cheque scanner is not cleaned in a timely manner, it may also void the manufacturer’s warranty.
Hence, it is necessary to keep the cheque scanner clean. As a general thumb rule, make sure that you clean the cheque scanner using a cleaning card every 1000- 2000 scans. Moreover, keep the cheque scanner under a dust cover when not in use.
How to Use Cleaning Cards for Your Cheque Scanner?
Let’s answer the major question now! Manufacturers such as Digital Check and Panini provide dedicated cleaning cards for their cheque-scanning machines. However, one major similarity is that all of them use Waffle Technology.
The Waffle Technology ensures the cleaning card easily reaches the internal pins and lenses, which flat cards cannot do. Hence, providing a better cleaning experience.
Here are the steps for cleaning the cheque scanner with a cleaning card:
Note: For Inkjet scanners, follow steps 1-5 and Non-inkjet scanners follow steps 3 and 4.
- Remove the cover of the printer. This needs to be done to remove the inkjet cartridge if present.
- Remove the inkjet cartridge if present. Refer to the machine manual to do it properly.
- Take the cleaning card and insert it into the cheque scanner, just like how you would insert a cheque.
- Turn on the machine and run the cleaning card through the machine 3–7 times to ensure complete cleanliness.
- Put the inkjet cartridge and cover back on the cheque scanner and start using it.
Note: Now, the cleaning card steps vary a little based on the type of scanner. Hence, refer to the product guide carefully. Moreover, use only dedicated cleaning cards for different cheque scanner brands.
Cheque scanner solution for every business
Cheque scanners are an indispensable part of every organization. Cleaning takes only a few minutes to perform but makes a tremendous difference in the scanner’s operation. Hence, the need for cleaning cards comes into the picture. Paystation offers a wide range of cheque scanners and cleaning supplies including cleaning cards from the market’s top brands, including Digital Check and Panini. Order cleaning cards today!