Digital Check Introduces New High-Speed TellerScan TS500 Teller and Branch Capture Cheque Scanner
Oct 09, 2015
Digital Check, cheque capture technology provider to the financial services industry, announces the TellerScan TS500, the newest high-performance cheque scanner designed to bring bank teller and branch capture operations into the connected era. The high-speed, multi-feed device represents the premier high-end solution for teller-window document scanning, as well as a competitive entry into the branch back-counter and vault capture market.
The TS500 acts as a countertop hub that consolidates multiple types of information capture and printing, including cheque and money orders, identification cards, magnetic stripe card data, and customer receipt printing into a single compact device. This network-enabled scanner can also allow the connection of other desktop peripherals such as receipt printers, PIN pads and more.
The TS500’s ground-up design introduces several new features to make it simpler than ever to operate and maintain. Digital Check’s patented AccuTrac™ Plus feed system automatically aligns cheques that are not sitting flat, in order to prevent misfeeds and paper jams. A first-of-its-kind self-cleaning system automatically reminds users when it’s time to perform a cleaning cycle, and then conveniently allows a cleaning to be performed using the TS500’s very own built-in maintenance utility. This innovative design removes the guesswork associated with periodic cleaning, keeping the device in top condition with minimal operator intervention.
The many benefits of the new TS500 design include:
• Improved teller transaction times with 200 document per minute scan speeds
• A better user experience for tellers with a first-of-its-kind self-cleaning system
• Greater integration flexibility for the "branch of the future" through advanced network connectivity solutions
• Better document handling of large batches with the Patented AccuTracTM Plus feed system
• Intuitive to operate with the single "Smart" switch to control multiple scanner functions
• Multi-function support for cheque scanning, identification card image capture, magnetic stripe card data capture and customer receipt printing into a single integrated device
Users of the TellerScan TS500 will continue to enjoy access to Digital Check’s world-class suite of imaging software, including the Best-Read® intelligent thresholding features, the Clear by Digital Check® image enhancement tool, and Advisor by Digital Check® remote monitoring and geolocation system. The new device is compatible with all Remote Deposit, Teller and Branch systems that use Digital Check’s API version 15.10 or higher.
Other improvements in the TellerScan TS500 include a smaller desktop footprint, longer times between recommended maintenance, and 600 dpi cameras for scanning items other than cheques in high resolution. An optional thermal transaction printer will be available in late 2015.